APSHCL stands for Andhra Pradesh State Housing Corporation Limited, a nodal agency that oversees the implementation of various housing schemes in the state. APSHCL aims to provide affordable and quality housing to the poor and weaker sections of the society, especially in rural areas. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the features and benefits of APSHCL and how it is transforming the lives of millions of people in Andhra Pradesh.
What is APSHCL?
APSHCL was established in 1979 as a public limited company under the Companies Act, 1956 It is a fully owned undertaking of the Government of Andhra Pradesh and operates under the administrative control of the Housing Department. APSHCL has a network of 13 regional offices and 671 district offices across the state.
APSHCL is responsible for:
- Taking up all centrally assisted housing schemes being sanctioned for various groups for the state.
- Implementing state sponsored housing schemes such as YSR Housing Scheme, NTR Rural Housing Scheme, etc.
- Providing financial and technical assistance to developers, contractors, NGOs, and self-help groups for building homes for the poor.
- Propagating cost effective and eco friendly building components and technologies such as fly ash bricks, stabilized mud blocks, ferro cement roofing channels, etc2.
- Conducting research and development activities on housing related issues and innovations.
What are the benefits of APSHCL?
APSHCL has been instrumental in providing dignified and secure shelter to millions of people in Andhra Pradesh who otherwise could not afford it. Some of the benefits of APSHCL are:
- It helps in reducing poverty and improving the living standards of the poor by providing them with basic amenities such as water supply, sanitation, electricity, etc.
- It promotes social inclusion and empowerment of women, SCs, STs, minorities, and other vulnerable groups by giving them priority in allotment of houses.
- It creates employment opportunities and income generation for the rural poor by involving them in construction activities and skill development programs.
- It enhances environmental sustainability and disaster resilience by using green building materials and techniques that reduce carbon footprint and energy consumption.
- It fosters community participation and ownership by encouraging beneficiaries to form housing cooperatives and self-help groups that manage and maintain their houses.
How to apply for APSHCL?
To apply for APSHCL, one has to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a resident of Andhra Pradesh and belong to the below poverty line (BPL) category
- The applicant must not own any pucca house or land in urban or rural areas.
- The applicant must have a valid Aadhaar card and bank account.
The application process for APSHCL is as follows:
- The applicant has to visit the nearest district office or regional office of APSHCL and fill up an application form with personal details, income details, family details, etc.
- The applicant has to submit the application form along with the required documents such as Aadhaar card, ration card, income certificate, caste certificate, etc.
- The application form will be verified by the concerned authorities and a beneficiary ID will be generated for the applicant.
- The applicant can check the status of their application online by visiting the official website of APSHCL and entering their beneficiary ID.
- Once the application is approved, the applicant will be allotted a house under the suitable scheme based on their preference and availability.
APSHCL is a commendable initiative by the Government of Andhra Pradesh to provide affordable and quality housing to the poor and weaker sections of the society. APSHCL has been successful in creating a positive impact on the lives of millions of people in Andhra Pradesh by improving their living conditions, social status, economic opportunities, and environmental awareness. If you are eligible and interested in applying for APSHCL, you can visit the official website or contact your nearest district office or regional office of APSHCL for more information.